Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dinner Menu Project

After almost 13 months of marriage, and regularly being asked "What are you fixing for dinner?" I decided I needed an easy way to share this information with my sweetly curious husband.

After playing around on Microsoft Word for a few minutes I came up with this:


A 5"x7" Dinner Menu.  Of course, incorporating Vera Bradley's English Meadow (The print I chose as the inspiration for my kitchen decor.)

Once I printed the Word Document, I used my paper cutter to trim the menu to size.  To make the Dinner Menu super efficient and user-friendly I slipped it into a clear magnetic 5"x7" photo frame from the Dollar Tree.  Put the frame on the fridge and voila!  



I can easily write on the menu what I'm planning for the week and my husband check what's for dinner as he's getting ready for work in the morning.

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to do a variation of this for a prayer list, now I need to go to the Dollar Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea, Sandra! I'd love to see your finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I did it, and when I tried to erase it after a couple days (because I wanted to write it neater), it didn't all remove, even with glass cleaner. So, I'm going to get a regular "glass" frame and attach a magnet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ran into a similar problem when I used a red dry erase marker. The red didn't come off all the way and left a residue that is very stubborn. I haven't had any problems with a black dry erase marker though. Sorry you had this issue. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. It happens. Mine was with a black one, but maybe it was because it was a "cheap" dry erase instead of an expo. It was like I had used a permanent marker in some spots, weird.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.